Thursday, April 19, 2012

Garage batman style

In many places garages are a commodity and frankly in every house I have ever owned I have never had one. Now that it is my husband and I, I am dreaming of a garage. Don't tell the environmentalists I know- I will lose my green credintials.......shhhhhh! So as I gaze at each listing of possible homes for us. I dream of the garage we might have. 

I dream. Will it be for two cars and be able to hold our surf boards, bikes, skis and other recreational needs? Can it all be neatly organized and allow for me create art work, work tables and tools organized on the wall, everything is neatly organized. 



Am I really asking too much? I see a garage in the listings for the houses for sale. I check that it actually exists on google satellite. But then I get to see inside the garage and realize it has been converted. Which I will now call the most depressing work environment ever. I just couldn't imagine working in a dark space with no windows, no fresh air, and awful light from the fluorescent above. Work spaces should be inspiring and light filled. It also doesn't help this one is crammed full of stuff and it has cubicle walls? I just feel sad for the people who choose this to be their work space. 


If I can't have my garage in the garage, maybe I could get a batman style garage. I can only imagine the look on the neighbors face when you have your car emerge from this. What a cool border between you and your neighbor this is even better than a garage. 


3 comments:

  1. Me want. Me want real bad. Quanto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Install the batman garage and your environmental cred. is revoked. I'll revoke all kinds of other cred. if its for your new Porche

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a link to the batman style garage on interest and it had an overwhelming responses. A number of people simply repined it. But a few added their own comments, calling it "badass, awesome and simply saying they want it and the car."

    As for costs on something like this, $62,000-75,000 (double version) which includes the lift and underground construction of the garage. The model shown is called the Cardok garage operated with a hydraulic lift.

    Oh by the way, this won the award for the coolest gadget of the week. Maybe there is a solar powered version?

    ReplyDelete